All my LU friends are all on spring break having the time of their lives and it's making me wish I was chilling in florida, visiting Charleston, or reliving my last two spring break adventures in New York City. So I thought I'd share some past photos and a list of some of my favorite things.
- Go to Central Park. I absolutely love Central Park. It's beautiful, never ending, and you never know what you'll run into. In a gift shop in the middle of the park there is also an adorable pillow I need to buy next visit lol. (I tried to find it online... no such luck)
- FAO Schwarz. Any Big fans in the house!? Of course they have the giant piano still, which each time I am too embarrassed to actually go on with all the little kids lol. Even if you don't have kids in tow with you, it's worth seeing.
- Laduree. I couldn't possibly give this place enough praise... I would live there if that was possible. I have only ever had their macaroons but man are they perf. They are what I imagine heaven would taste like, but why would you eat heaven, I know.
- A Broadway Show!! I have seen Phantom of The Opera, 2014 Broadway Revival of Les Miserables, Newsies, and Rodger and Hammerstein's Cinderella. Les Mis and POTO are still running, sadly the other two closed. Out of what's available I would recommend seeing: A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder or On The Town. (I also would recommend Hamilton (coming soon to broadway) and Gigi (also coming soon to broadway)) Also if you are into that sort of thing STAGE DOOR after your show. You can thank the actors (who come out) for their performance, have them sign your playbill, or even take photos with them. I have gotten to meet many of my idols that way.
- John's Pizzeria. New York City, Pizza... what is there not to love!?? The atmosphere is absolutely gorgeous and the pizza is great. I went there once later at night after seeing a broadway show, well worth it.
- Serendipity 3. I have actually never been there, but it's on my bucket list. Time just never seems to permit (in reality I probably am just too busy stuffing my face with macaroons) But helloooo frozen hot chocolate, yes please!
- Ellen's Stardust Diner. This is not for the faint of heart. If you hate singing, dancing, or just plain happiness... then I would stay clear of this place. The different waiters and waitresses take turns singing to you as you dine, mostly showtunes... but they do radio music as well. It's really enjoyable, and I have gone every time I have been in the city.
- Shopping. I am totally lame and my two favorite places (other than sephora and M.A.C.) are going to the disney store and forever 21. Mostly because I could waste hours in any forever 21, much less a huge like(... three floor??) forever 21. Heck I could probably spend a year. And disney stores, for the princess wannabe inside me, it's self explanatory.
- Schmackary's. If you haven't noticed... I am a huge foodie haha. I personally wasn't crazy about their cookies (tho most people totally are) they put out different flavors each day, so the longer you're around... the more likely you are bound to find a favorite. I really enjoyed the mocha I got from there though hahah.
What are some of your favorite things to do in the city, I love new ideas!!!