Post inspired by Dearest Love's newest link-up.
Let's put down our favorite book, get out your pipping hot coffee and favorite creamer, and pull up a chair... let's chat.
God has been doing some amazing things lately. I love that phrase, I mean I am not just saying it because I love the phrase it's very true in my life but I love that we have the freedom of speech to proclaim it... at the same time I always think as I type out things, how would non believers view that phrase? Some might scoff, some might accuse, and some might just go about their business as long as I don't accuse theirs. Don't worry our coffee date isn't some huge religious debate or my real thoughts on religion... that's for another time. I just, life is grand.
I was in a dark place, feeling hopeless about life and I even kept getting these horrible reoccurring dreams that the head of my (once upon a time I could have said my) department is chewing me out and saying I will never be good enough to the point I wake up crying... but that is a thing of the past.
The truth of the matter is in life we will face rejection and at some point you have to 1) suck it up and move on 2) realize that no one is the end all, be all and 3) Everyone faces rejection and just because they don't see your worth doesn't mean no one will.
Gosh it's like dating... just because some guy that's going to end up totally wrong for you doesn't want you... doesn't mean that really hot guy sitting over there won't want to be with you. My whole hearing was like a serious of three bad dates and in the end the guy just didn't want to date me but that doesn't mean I won't get married.
Highlights of the Week:
- Exactly three weeks from starting my beach tagging job. This girl is so excited.
- Shopping trip tomorrow, shopping provokes the best feelings hahah.
- My sister came and stayed with me for a week, it was one of the best bonding experiences.
- My candle obsession is in full throttle... someone stop me.
- I finally saw Walter Mitty, talk about a good movie!
- I am running out of netflix shows to watch, suggestions anyone?
- Apartment hunting is driving me crazy.
- Same with trying to find a job at an amusement park starting august. Prayers are appreciative, the waiting game is unavoidable but it's hard to put your whole self out there in a new state without a job first.