||Anthropologie Mug|Similar Blue Dress|Jelly Jack Rogers|Que Bella Rejuvenating Face Mask|Sinful Colors Nail Polish|Old Navy Boyfriend Jeans|Naked 2 Palette|Naked Flushed (my exact palette)||
Lately life has felt like a daze, in the best way possible. My twenty third birthday came and went (for those of you who don't know twenty-three is my lucky number... so it was a big deal) with that also comes the blog's birthday which is in a few days. Sometimes I still can't believe I type something on the internet and people who aren't my best friends read it, like that's insane to me hahaha. You can typically find me in some kind of dream-like state dreaming of the future, LookBrooke, or any other crazy idea that pops into my head. I'm currently dreaming my life away but at the same time staying present in my current surroundings- and I don't think I've been this happy. Constantly daze, and I'm loving every second- here are four things about my life lately...
1. I can't stop being thankful for everyone in my life. So many friends bent over backwards to help me feel loved, appreciated, and cared for on not only my birthday but every day of my life. I've also had a lot of chances to celebrate graduations, new beginnings, birthdays, etc with a few friends lately, and being able to show those around you how much they truly mean to you... priceless. All the sap, all the cliche.
2. Lately, you can also find me book in hand sipping on coffee. Summer hasn't even officially started for me yet, and I'm on book four of my summer reading list. There have been laughs, tears, ironic moments, and plenty of new favorites added to the list. I'm thinking of doing a summer reading round-up, and I can't wait to share it with you because these books are that good or that funny and creative!
3. For a month I started nannying two of the craziest, loudest, sweetest littles I have ever met. Days filled with Mulan, disney music, and running around playing "Baby Chicken" were where I was most thriving lately. Today was actually the last day and it breaks my little heart, but I still remember driving to Lynchburg from my initial meeting calling my grandma so excited because they seemed like the best children. Goodbyes are bittersweet and sad, but if there's one thing I've learned this past month is to treasure them. There's something special about getting to say goodbye in person- even if your pride gets the better of you in some circumstances- you'll most likely end up breaking down on the ride home because you didn't get to say goodbye. Goodbyes through text message just don't work the same.
4. GIVEAWAY. Be sure to enter through instagram for a chance to win your very own laptop skin or phone case (!!!)
All you have to do is follow me on instagram and tag a friend in the giveaway post on instagram. (You can find and follow my instagram here)
Cheers to dream like moments and all that follow
** Currently running is the Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale, below I have picked out some of my favorites from the sale (Like $90 Jacks!) **
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Sunday, May 15, 2016
Sunday, May 15, 2016
For the most part, I keep what I store in my bag relatively simple... the everyday basics of a phone, charger, lipsticks (I'm obsessed if you couldn't tell), and gum (I always try to have it stocked with one packet that's open and an un-opened packet so I'm never without gum hahah.)
I also feel like I should mention that I keep a brush, deodorant, sunscreen face stick, perfume (that a certain guy once commented on so I kept it at hand before going there hahah), and I keep mascara in case I ever feel I need a touch up while on the move in my car. (I may even keep some more lipsticks and some chapstick too... so to say I'm obsessed with lip product may be an understatement.)
When caseapp.com contacted me saying I could order or design my very own phone case, I was delighted! As you can see, I unfortunately had cracked it this summer (in a different phone case) so when the case came in I'll admit I was hesitant. I'm the girl that has managed to break both an otterbox and lifeproof. I've dropped my phone once or twice from daily activities, and my phone has been safe. I feel as though my phone is just as secure as it was in my otterbox I previously had it in. Caseapp has even been generous enough to provide my readers with 20% off of their next offer using the code LOOKBROOKE20. As well as the discount code, we are giving away one free phone case or laptop skin to a reader as well (!!!)
To enter the giveaway: Please refer to my instagram and enter on the giveaway photo (you should recognize the pink phonecase). (Follow me on instagram, tag two friends in the post, and for an extra entry you can comment on the post)
My Purse Contents:
1. Oh, Yes Caseapp phone case
3. Lip Products: Buxom Lip Gloss: White Russian, Revlon Lipstick, NYX Buttergloss: Madeline, Loreal: Julianne's Nude, Too Faced Lip Creme: Taffy, Color Whisper (my favorite products!!)
4. Essie: Guilty Pleasures
5. I always keep a journal, I love this one from Anthropologie.
6. I keep an extra pair of sunglasses in my purse, I love these.
7. I keep a pen, gum, and this mobile charger in my purse at all times. (The mobile charger is only $10!!)
Purses I Like:
Good luck on the giveaway (!!!)
Sunday, April 24, 2016
Sunday, April 24, 2016
More often than I'd like to admit, I take things for granted. There are so many little joys in my everyday life that I don't give enough recognition to. In honor of turning 23 on Friday, I thought I'd write out 23 of my favorite things that make my life... mine.
1. The sound of my sister's laugh coming from the other bedroom, it's a reminder that joy is everywhere.
2. Going to a play with someone who knows nothing about it but you know practically every word, with each laugh I get more and more giddy and I have no clue why but it's the best feeling to let them in on your own little secret world (at least that's how it feels sometimes.)
3. When you're walking outside while the sun beats down on you, and for a split second it feels like a hug from Jesus.
4. That feeling you get when you listen to an overture and it fills you with this insane feeling that anything is possible. As the music builds, so does your hope.
5. The smell of sunscreen, for me it transport me right back to the beach and all those summers I never had to wonder if anyone had my back,,, my Dad was always there for me. This summer will be weird without you Dad.
6. Twirling in your new favorite dress and instantly feeling like a fairy princess.
7. The fact that I have friends who love me unconditionally and let me over analyze the same text message, meeting, and scenario fifty different ways.. each time listening to me and treating it like a real issue. Thanks for letting me send you texts like "He has moved closer." "Wait he has pulled out chapstick." "????" "I'm very confused right now" Thank you, for the unconditional love.
8. The fact that I was lucky enough to be sent to a Christian high school and attend a Christian college for a while. I have never felt like I couldn't talk about my faith, have my questions answered, or felt alone while I figured out my walk with Jesus. I wouldn't trade those years of my life for anything, and I mean anything. They are why I am who I am today, and sometimes I fail to see the positive and just dwell on the negative of that situation. That time was more than academics, more than mandatory, and more than a pass or fail... it was growth even when it felt like it wasn't.
9. The smell of hot coffee in the morning, particularly when you're super drowsy.
10. When the waters calm and you lay on your back and just float... it reminds me that there are moments in life where this can happen too and even if a huge wave comes, you can always find another time to float again.
11. Those times in life where you almost can sense yourself mentally taking a photo of that exact moment, as you usually think to yourself I wish I could re-live this all my life. You sit there knowing you'd be content riding next to this person in the car forever, eating that slice of chocolate cake all your life, or meeting Laura Osnes after a performance of Cinderella on broadway (that still makes you tear up as you think about it.)
12. The bittersweet moment where you finish a book, you feel like you've lost a best friend and yet you're thankful for the journey it took you on.
13. I take this one for granted the most, but when the whole family can sit down to eat or watch a movie... you almost feel like this is exactly how life is supposed to be.
14. That rush of butterflies that fill up your stomach in an instant as that guy finally pulls you into a kiss.
15. When your best friend's name pops up on your phone and you haven't talked to her in forever due to life.
16. The car rides where you start belting out Let It Go and anything from The Little Mermaid, and we can't forget any of Hilary Duff's songs... the way the words come out of your mouth without trying, and how it instantly takes you back to another time- favorite.
17. Moments in life that make you happy dance in Walmart, cry while singing A Wonderful Guy from South Pacific in the car ride home, or when you just can't stop blushing and smiling. Those are the little things that make me feel like no matter what, life is a fairy tale.
18. When a friend loves you enough to tell you the guy is an asshole or to not judge you as you sit there crying because you've caught feelings for the guy you swore you wouldn't. I am so incredibly thankful for the friends I have in my life, you keep me protected and listen to me and don't ever say I told you so, when you easily could.
19. Waking up cuddled up in your sheets, completely content.
20. Each phone call with my grandma and the face to face conversations we can have about anything, thank you for always having my back. You have been a best friend to me since I can remember, I don't think there isn't a life event or anything that makes me happy that I haven't wanted to tell you first,
21. When you hear somebody sing along to the radio or just sing to you. If everyone broke out into song around me, I don't think I'd ever be sad.
22. This blog has taught me so much about myself, my writing style, my humor, and has even gifted me with more confidence than I used to have. Some of my favorite blog posts I've ever written were because I felt accepted and felt like LookBrooke could be my safe place- so thank you to each and every reader for believing in me and for coming back a second, third, and fourth time.
23. When you get to show someone something that makes you happy cry, made you who you are, or something that you've always loved and they get to understand you a little better. Vice versa, when you get to understand someone else a little better. By seeing the things they love, what made them who they are, or my personal favorite...made them happy cry.
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
|Romper (Similar)|Jack Rodgers- Jelly|Kate Spade (Similar)|Giraffee Bangle- Lilly Pulitzer (Similar) (I love this too!)|
I have been on the search for the perfect romper for over a year now, I always loved them but never felt like they were wearable for me. I often found myself feeling like an elephant, rocking some camel toe, or looking like a frumpy mess. There was one romper I tried on that I felt looked decent but I still didn't take the plunge, that was until now. Thanks to Marshalls, I now can proudly become part of the romper fan club. This particular romper is Trixxi, and unfortunately can't be found online but I did find a great double from ASOS.
Cheers to it finally being warm enough to bring out the bathing suits and not feel crazy, and cheers to that perfect romper- we all need at least one in our life.
Shop This Post:
More Pom Pom Things I Currently Love:
seamless style="border: 0;">
Saturday, April 16, 2016
Saturday, April 16, 2016
I know, I know I missed winter's #LooksMoodBoard because life was so hectic and I abruptly moved from Jersey back home to Virginia and helllloooo Spring has been here for quite a while now. I couldn't just let this mood board pass though, I love Spring argumentatively more than all the other seasons. With Spring comes the sense of newness and being reborn (between the reminder of having new life in Jesus Christ each year when Easter rolls around, the trees finally starting to bloom, and the best and worst part of Spring... Spring Cleaning.), it also happens to be the season of a very special birthday in my life... LookBrooke's. It also happens to be my personal birthday as well, so shout out to turning twenty three (eeep, my lucky number)... Taylor Swift was always right, and I am currently feeling oh so twenty-two.
So here's is the Spring Mood Board: full of fashion, beauty, recipes, etc...
||(Very Similar Dress in Blue.. needs the ribbon) (I also adore this), too faced lipstick, taffy, Forever Sexy Body Spray|BCBGeneration Sandals (obsessed)||
My Current Spring Style Inspirations:
My Spring Beauty Picks:
1. I typically just moisturize my face with Garnier's Ultra-Lift. I used to use primers all the time, and this may be like committing some kind of sin in the beauty world but I just don't anymore.
2. Most days I use the Garnier BB Cream, on days I want the feeling and look of more coverage I use ItCosmetic's CC Cream.
3. I typically steal this product daily from my sister (Sorry Caroline) especially if I want to make an impression. I thought I would hate this product in all honesty, but it's my favorite for contouring and adding a little highlight after the whole make up process. NYX Wonder Stick
4. Everyday use I don't but on concealer, when I do I use ItCosmetic's Bye Bye Undereye and if I have a pimple I cover over it with this Sonia Kashuk Concealer Palette.
5. For eye shadow I alternate between the Naked 2 and Naked 3 to create different looks daily. I also use liquid eyeliner (which I typically also steal from my sister... oops)
6. I swear by ItCosmetic's Hello Lashes for mascara.
7. For lips, I use any pink lipstick with Buxom's White Russian.
Happy Spring, XOXO